MagicScore: The music notation software family
with the best price / functionality ratio
MagicScore Maestro is a very convenient and efficient
notation editor with great capabilities, helping people professionally involved in the
music field with their work. It is also useful to those who wish to utilize all fineness
of the musical grammar and want to communicate all the nuances of the sound of their
MagicScore Classic is a magnificent notation editor,
offering great capabilities for working with the scores of the classic notation
compositions of any complexity.
With MagicScore you can create musical scores in a number
- Score entry using notation palette;
- Quick score entry using hotkeys;
- Recording from an external MIDI-device;
- Real time score recording with help of virtual piano;
- Using patterns for score entry by music term and character (Maestro version only);
- Score entry using virtual fingerboard (Maestro version only);
- Score recording using chord entry tool (Maestro version only)
You can select your most handy score entry tool yourself.
Extended functional capabilities of the Maestro
- Exporting of images to graphic files (BMP, JPEG, GIF);
- Controlling of text orientation on the page (the text may be displayed at any angle);
- Calculation of notes volume - based on the dynamic characters placed on the staff;
- Calculation of the effects play-back (Arpeggio, Gruppetto, Vorschlag, Trillare) based on the staffs characters;
- Real-time notes play-back editor for changing the position and the duration of notes right during the play-back;
- Saving of chord patterns for further use in the program or in an external file;
- Extendable list of musical terms;
- Chord entry via the virtual guitar finger-board;
- Selection of additional styles for displaying notes.
All MagicScore versions have received a great number of awards, 90% of which are the highest possible awards. You can personally decide which of the programs most fully meets your requirements and, thus, is the most useful one- MagicScore Maestro or MagicScore Classic. MagicScore Maestro is the one that offers the widest capabilities for score creating, fine adjustment of sound, working with chords and exporting to graphic files.
NEW MagicScore Maestro 5.0 with NEW MagicScore Music Engine III !
Maestro - professional music notation software, offering the most advanced capabilities
for working with music. It lets you precisely tune up the notes' sounds and their timing
features, process the effects and the dynamics. In this program, you may use both general
and extended sets of musical symbols and as well create your own symbols, terms and chords
for complex compositions with a peculiar or a non-standard grammatical solution.
Special tools such as: virtual piano, virtual fingerboard for six and seven-string guitars, notes performance editor, real-time notes play-back editor and the navigator let you easily and efficiently record and work with both single pieces and large musical compositions.
The basic features of the Maestro version are as follows:
Extended functional capabilities of the Maestro version:
What's new in MagicScore Maestro 6.0?!
1. It is now possible to insert empty pages in the
beginning or in the middle of the score for printing text.
With MagicScore Maestro you can create magnificent compositions; that will give you the opportunity to have your work done in the best possible manner. Having tried the free trial version of our program, you will be able to see how well MagicScore suits your needs, and of what use it will be to you.
|The 'Notes' palette of this music notation software is designed to make it easy to the enter clefs, keys, pauses, notes and symbols for a note in the score. To speed up entering information you can combine entering a note with its style, semitone, microtone, tremolo, triplet and other symbols. Hot keys are a useful way to quickly switch between entering modes and the symbols added to the score.|
|The Magicscore's "Instrument List" lists the instruments of the score and its tracks. The information includes the name, MIDI instrument, and channel for play back. It is also possible to change the volume of a single track or the overall volume of an instrument and set a channel's volume and balance.|
|Magicscore gives wide range of musical symbols is accessible through the program's interface. For ease of use, the sets of symbols that are less frequently used can be minimized and maximized when necessary. Hot keys are a useful way to quickly switch between entering modes and the symbols added to the score.|
|You can extend functionality of this music notation
program by adding your own sets of musical symbols, which will later let you add these
symbols to the score without the necessity of drawing them again.
1. Adding symbols is done by selecting a symbol and placing it onto the staff. The whole list of symbols is divided into groups and is accessed via pressing the drop down list key.
2. Managing user-defined symbols. It is possible to add symbols to the list, edit, or delete them.
3. Creating your own symbols. To create a symbol draw it on the staff using the "Design" palate, select the drawn elements and save them giving a name to the symbol and the file.
|This music notation software supports a wide range of drum notes definitions and a special map for describing the conversion of the display of drum notes into MIDI sounds. A general system map is copied to every created file, which makes it possible to configure each map individually, if necessary. For the program to be able to play these notes, it is necessary to set the drum clef and channel 10 in the music staff. Adding drum notes is done by selecting a drum note and pressing a style button.|
|This music composing software allows you to enter chords
or chord definitions by way of a special editor, to select chords from a list of
user-defined chords and to create your own chords.
1. Adding chords and chord definitions using the editor. To add a chord or chord definition select the desired mode (notes or definitions), select the note and the chord properties, which will result in the program adding a chord according to the buttons pressed.
2. Adding notes or chord definitions via the list of user-defined chords. To add a chord or chord definition select the note and the chord from the list of the "Chords" tab. To access the full list of available chords, press the drop-down list arrow key. The full list is divided into groups.
3. Creating your own chords. To create a chord add the notes of the chord to the staff, select them and save giving the new chord and file each a name. The chord's name can be made of several words which allows you to display it in a more visualized way.
|To design your music score you can use a large set of
graphical elements. The "Design" tab in MagicScore also has buttons used for
inserting pictures and changing the properties of the graphics. You can also set a display
style for the current sheet or for all sheets.
1. Inserting text. Text is inserted in the specified location of the sheet and its position doesn't depend on the score formatting. You can set a color, style, size and orientation. You can also enter musical symbols via a special editor tool.
2. Inserting lyrics. Lyrics are bound to the specified location of the staff and depend on their formatting. To place lyrics above/under the notes check the "Align to notes" box.
3. Inserting images. You can add images in BMP, GIF or JPEG formats. You can set the scaling and image alignment properties in the options.
4. Inserting lines, rectangles, etc. is pretty much the same as in the standard Windows graphical editor PAINT. You can set a color, line width, line and filling style, etc.
|The MagicScore's "Navigator" serves to enhance the overall visual representation of and navigation within a musical piece. Information is represented by pages, measures, and entered data; rehearsal marks are also indicated. The current cursor location corresponds to the current location within the score.|
|The MagicScore's "Musical terms list" serves
not only for quick terms entry, but also for setting the tempo and dynamics of the piece.
1. To add a term select it and place it onto the staff by clicking in the desired location. The whole list of terms is accessed by pressing the drop down list key, it is sorted alphabetically.
2. Managing the list of terms. It is possible to add terms to the list, edit, or delete them. Terms can also be assigned a type.
3.A term's properties depend on its type. For example, you can set an absolute or relative size for a tempo, and you can set the velocity of the notes affected by a dynamic term.
Virtual Piano Keyboard
|Many users are thrilled to have a special instrument for
entering notes and pauses that imitates a piano keyboard. In MagicScore there is such
virtual piano keyboard.
1. Notes and pauses are added in the current location of the staff by clicking on the virtual piano keys.
2. Setting note durations. The program monitors the location of the mouse cursor over the virtual keyboard. You can determine the current note duration by looking at the scale or at the cursor shape.
3. Note adding configuration. You can use these settings to switch between adding notes and pauses. You can also choose whether you want the semitones to be indicated by flats or by sharps. Furthermore, you can add notes with additional symbols.
Virtual Guitar Deck
|Guitar players will find the virtual guitar deck from
MagicScore Maestro a useful tool for entering chords.
1. You have to select the duration for the notes you add.
2. Chords are entered in the specified location in the measure by clicking the desired guitar strings and frets.
|In MagicScore there is a special velocity editor that
allows you to adjust notes velocities and displays velocity in MIDI terms (0 - 127
values). The value is affected by dynamics symbols (such as crescendo, forte, etc.) the
moment they are added to the score, but the editor allows you to adjust it. It is also
possible to manually recalculate the velocity depending on the crescendo, forte and other
1. Activating the editor.
2. Calculating the velocity (depending on the crescendo, forte and other symbols). Some calculation parameters can be configured by pressing the arrow on the calculate button.
3. Buttons for changing the velocity, adjusting the value and equalizing the velocities of the selected notes.
|The MagicScore's Playback Editor is designed for fine
tuning the real notes (MIDI sounds) performances. It displays data by the pitch scale;
every note's width is proportional to its duration and is presented by two values. The
first value indicates the position and duration of the standard note representation. The
second indicates the values of the position and duration that will be used at play back;
it may be affected by the arpeggio, grupetto and other symbols if they are added to the
score, but the editor allows you to adjust it. You can also manually recalculate the real
performance of the notes depending on the arpeggio, grupetto and other symbols.
1. Activating the editor.
2. Calculating the effects (real notes performances depending on arpeggio, grupetto, etc.) Some calculation parameters can be configured by pressing the arrow on the calculate button.
3. Buttons for changing the real notes preformances.
Recording from an external MIDI device
|If you have a MIDI controller (keyboard, synthesizer, etc.) connected to your computer, you can record scores in real time, with help of MagicScore music notation program. You can easy select and configure the input device that will be used for data receiving.|
Import to and export from MusicXML MIDI and Karaoke
|You can use this music notation program for reading data from MusicXML, MIDI and Karaoke files. Prior to recording you are to choose whether you want your tracks recorded on one sheet or on separate sheets and set the amount of quantization (adjusting the start times of notes and/or note durations recorded from MIDI). It is also possible to save music scores as MusicXML, MIDI or Karaoke files.|
Export to graphical files (BMP, WMF, GIF, JPEG)
|Many users will be thrilled to know that they can export data as graphical files. This MagicScore feature lets the user prepare music score booklets, books, articles for music magazines, etc. It is possible to export music as BMP, GIF, JPEG or Metafile, and configure export settings.|
|Using microtonal in MagicScore allows you to more precisely define a note's pitch. You have at your disposal several styles of micro keys symbol representation which correspond to different microtonal step.|
musik software noten schreiben musiksoftware music software software für musikmusic maker software music player software music software download music production software music studio software softwarem usic mix software finale print music music notation software player software software für software download dj software software für player player software download cutting software write music writing music midi music score music notes music keyboard music scores music print music music notation printmusic print sheet music printed music midi music guitar notation piano notation jean sibelius software sibelius download 1 2 3 4 5 6 sibelius handbuch sibelius notensatz keygen Serial musictime deluxe musictime download software notation score notation guitar notes midi music piano notes sheets music keyboard music keyboard notes paper print score music scores music sheet notes letter music midi files music writing music letter musikmidi notesnotes sheets score notes notes symbols score Magicscore music list chord editor set MIDI chords virtual notation Maestro possible musical staff program note entry using select add files duration adding playback play-back page location guitar volume version velocity piano extended capabilities text style special scores real position own options instrument export entering elements effects create calculation symbol software properties pressing MB keys keyboard JPEG inserting GIF file drum Download display definitions data current changing BMP arpeggio all way used tool time specified single selection right recording pauses only new name most measure may Magicscore's into information images graphical external entered dynamic design depending cursor compositions buttons Barre any working work values value user-defined styles staves sounds size sheet settings sets save representation real-time printing play placed patterns orientation number necessary navigator MusicXML mouse microtonal measures map lyrics line key Karaoke grupetto graphic forte Flagoletto fingers feature enter empty dynamics drop down done displayed device desired depend delete crescendo creating configure clicking classic change Buy button between back Automatic arrow affected adjust additional within width wide whole whether Vorschlag velocities type Trillare tracks track thrilled tempo templates tab system standard sound Some signature sheets several setting serves separately selecting selected scale Saving repeats recorded record recalculate reading range quickly quick predefined precisely place pitch piece performances performance parameters palette pages overall onto one offering note's Muting modes menu manually ManagingNotationsoftware